The celebration of Arbor Day gives you an opportunity to learn about trees and take positive action to make the world a better place. Here is a quick list of reasons trees are so important:
- Trees provide shade to keep us, and our homes, cool on hot summer days.
- Trees produce oxygen through photosynthesis, we need to breathe.
- Trees absorb harmful pollutants and small particles from the air that could damage our lungs.
- Trees provide protection from the wind.
- Trees reduce noise pollution.
- Trees give us products such as: chewing gum, crayons, soap, shatterproof glass, suntan lotion, cork, dyes, life-saving drugs, writing paper, syrup, perfume, pencils, firewood, building materials, and much more.
- Trees provide a home and food for wildlife.
- Rotting logs and leaves return and put nutrients back into the soil.
- Trees are beautiful to look at, nice to listen to, fun to explore, exciting to climb, and great to dream under.
Join millions of other people and take part in Arbor Day. Celebrate Arbor Day and Arbor Month by planting a tree!