Pickwick Creek Habitat Improvement Project (2008)
Increase the numbers of large brown trout (>16 inches) by improving stream conditions on 1,950 ft of stream. Reduce stream sediment load from reduced bank erosion and improved stream channel geomorphology.
This project included -
- Installation of 252 ft of overhead cover (11 skyhooks, 13 LUNKERS, 1 - 40 ft log crib
- Installation 2,099 ft of rip rap
- Installation 36 cover rocks
- Sloping ~ 4,000 ft of stream bank (some were originally 8-10 ft high)
- Installation two root wads