Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness
The Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW) is part of the Superior National Forest and is administered by the U.S. Forest Service.
The Minnesota DNR assists with fires and other acts of nature, such as the 1999 blowdown event, but day to day management and trip reservations are managed by the Forest Service.
- MNcanoeing.com Interactive BWCA trip planning map
- U.S. Forest Service BWCAW
- BWCAW reservations (Canoeing, camping, day use)
- Canoeing.com BWCAW entry points and permit info
- BWCA.net BWCA guide
- BWCAboard.com BWCA discussion forum
- Current weather conditions
- Wildfire information