Conservation Officer hiring information
The Division of Enforcement in not accepting applications at this time. Below is information about becoming a conservation officer and the hiring process that is currently in progress.
Conservation Officers provide public safety, resource and recreation protection response to all field operations for which the DNR Division of Enforcement is held responsible in accordance with applicable statutes, regulations and policies.
- Must possess a valid MN Peace Officer's License; or be eligible to be licensed by the MN Peace Officers Standards and Training Board (POST) prior to the time conditional offers are made; or complete basic police training and be certified as a full-time peace officer in a state or federal law enforcement agency with which Minnesota has reciprocity and pass the P.O.S.T. Board reciprocity exam by the time conditional job offers are made.
- Knowledge of fish and wildlife identification, habitat and other related environmental sciences.
- Experience in and/or knowledge of outdoor recreation activities.
- Ability and willingness to perform the job in adverse weather and other environmental conditions and to work unusual, varying shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
Candidates must pass the general written exam to be admitted to other portions of the exam/selection process. Other portions of the process will include: interview, exercise that will demonstrate your knowledge of fish & wildlife species identification, knowledge and use of law enforcement equipment, firearms identification and safety, and completion of a comprehensive background investigation. Conditional job offers will be based on passing a medical evaluation, functional capacity exam and psychological evaluation.
All notifications will be handled electronically, you must have an updated email address on your resume or you may not be contacted by the DNR.
- Job Posted Date: 8/26/2013
- Job Closing Date: 9/20/2013
- Written Examination: 10/5/2013,
University of MN Forestry Research Center - Cloquet, MN
Minneapolis Convention Center - Minneapolis, MN
Bemidji State University - Bemidji, MN
Central Lakes College - Brainerd, MN
Southwest State University, Conference Center Upper Ballroom, Marshall, MN
- Oral Interviews: 10/28/2013 - 11/1/2013.
- Background Packets and authorization forms will be given to selected candidates after the Oral Interview.
- Anticipated Academy Start: 4/23/2014
Applicants must submit their resume to the state jobs database through the online Resume Builder. Applicants may copy and paste their existing resume or let the software create a resume for them. Applicants may edit their resume later should their contact information or experience change. To insure consideration for this position, both new and returning applicants need to apply on the State of Minnesota jobs website. Search for a job and enter the posting number 131743000001 or keyword Conservation Officer. Check the Apply for this job box found near the bottom of the announcement.
All inquiries should be directed to COrecruitment.email@example.com