Prescribed fire equipment & suppliers - Firewise

Specialized equipment, such as tools used when conducting a prescribed prairie burn, can be obtained from the following suppliers. Your plant material supplier may also know of additional sources for specialized tools.



Drip torch.

Drip torch drips burning diesel fuel to ignite vegetation in a prescribed burn.


Rubber mat.
Swatter, a rubber mat with a handle for smothering low flames of a prescribed burn.


Fire rake.
Fire rake moves burnable material to expose bare ground, creating a fire break. Also used to pull burning material and slowly advance fire along edges of prescribed burn.


Bladder bag.
Bladder bag holds water for squirting out fire along fire breaks, cooling hot areas after fire has passed.