Total Certified Acres
- Total (All Ownerships) 8,483,153 acres
- Public (FSC or SFI) 7,502,094 acres
- Private (FSC/SFI/PEFC) 927,059 acres
- Dual (All Ownerships) 5,659,817 acres
- All Ownerships 6,855,494 acres
- Public: DNR 4,960,177 acres 1, 2
- Public: County 1,627,667 acres 3
- Private: Industry 252,217 acres
- Private: Non-Industry 15,433 acres
- All Ownerships 7,287,476 acres
- Public: DNR 4,979,253 acres 2
- Public: County 1,594,814 acres
- Private: Industry 488,340 acres
- Private: Non-Industry 215,976 acres
* Forest Stewardship Council (FSC); Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI); Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification schemes (PEFC)
1 Minnesota DNR's FSC Trademark License Code: FSC-C020394. Minnesota DNR's FSC Certificate Code: SCS-FM/COC-00088N
2 As of 12/31/10, 81,673 acres of USFWS-owned Land Utilization Project lands managed by DNR are dual certified. The difference between DNR's certificates is due to 19,076 acres of agricultural leases and cooperative forestry agreements that are only SFI-certified.
3 The Minnesota Counties Sustainable Forest Cooperative (MCSFC) is a group certificate including the five counties listed above. MCSFC was awarded its SFI certificate in 2008 and its FSC certificate on November 1, 2009.
4 The American Tree Farm System (ATFS) was awarded PEFC recognition August 7, 2008. Minnesota is home to 1,687 certified tree farmers with a total of 225,069 acres. Due to privacy rights, there is no geo-spatial map information available for this acreage. ATFS fiber is recognized by and tracked through the SFI chain-of-custody system. Please contact Tom Witkowski email@example.com for more information.
Data Sources: Data were primarily obtained from certificate holders. Total acres may not correspond to those listed on the FSC and
SFI websites. In some cases, total acres include both productive and nonproductive forestland, as well as nonforested acres.