Seedling ordering information
Note: Seedlings available through this program may only be planted in Minnesota.
Minimum purchase is 500 trees. This purchase may be broken down into increments of 100 of each species. Orders are accepted from August 15 through early spring or until supplies are exhausted.
Payment is required with orders. Orders canceled after January 1 will be charged a 10 percent restocking fee. Cancellations after March 1 will be charged a 20 percent restocking fee. We take orders by mail, phone, or fax.
MN Department of Natural Resources
PO Box 117
Akeley, MN 56433-0117
phone: 218-652-2385 or 800-657-3767
We accept Discover, Mastercard and Visa. A sales tax exemption is available for reforestation plantings for fiber production. Read and sign the waiver on the order form if you qualify. Order changes will not be accepted after March 1.
Cost-share assistance may be available.
Government assistance may be available for your tree-planting project. Contact your local DNR Forestry office for details.
Shipping and delivery
Trees are packaged in cardboard boxes with a plastic liner. The box is approximately 10"x 18"x 30".
There are three ways to get your trees. Check your choice on the order form. Any orders placed after March 15 must either choose either common carrier or be picked up at the nursery.
- Pick them up yourself at the state forest nursery closest to you (please indicate on order form).
- General Andrews Nursery, Willow River, MN; serving eastern Minnesota: 800-657-3767
- Badoura Nursery, Akeley, MN; serving western Minnesota: 218-652-2385
- Have them shipped by common carrier to a street address (we cannot ship to a P.O. box). Shipping charges: $33 per 1000 trees or any portion thereof (include payment with order).
- Have them sent to a drop point. Consult list below for closest drop point.
Requires prepay shipping
Pay at time of pickup
$33/1000 trees or any portion there of
Purchasers will receive a notification postcard with ship date or pickup date in the spring.