Agassiz Lowlands SFRMP
The Agassiz Lowlands SFRMP, developed by a DNR team that included staff from the divisions of Forestry, Fish and Wildlife, and Ecological Resources); made available for public review and comment; and approved by division and department leadership; directs vegetation management on 1.7 million acres of forest lands administered by the DNR divisions of Forestry and Fish and Wildlife (about 45 percent of the subsection's total forestland).
The final plan includes:
- long-term strategic goals, strategies, and desired future forest conditions (as revised based on public review)
- summaries of the seven-year stand selection process, the results of which have been used to begin implementing the long-term strategic direction (e.g., stands selected to be field reviewed and potentially treated based on criteria consistent with the long-term strategic goals)
- the complete seven-year list of stands (1.6 MB ) selected for field review and potential treatment
- a list of stands from the seven-year list that contain white pine
- DNR responses to comments received during previous public review.
You can obtain a copy of the final plan by:
- downloading the plan:
- requesting a paper copy (167 pages without the complete list of selected stands, 370 pages with the complete list of selected stands)
- requesting a CD.
Direct comments, questions, or requests for a paper or CD copy of the final plan to:
DNR-Division of Forestry,
500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155-4044