The Three-Year Stand List Extension Plan (956 kB ) for state lands located in the Blufflands and Rochester Plateau subsections in southeastern Minnesota has been completed.
DNR determined that a three-year extension was needed to provide forest stand examinations.
- The extension uses the original SFRMP strategic direction and stand selection criteria.
- DNR selected 223 stands totaling 4,626 acres to be field visited and evaluated for treatment during the three-year extension period from July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2012
- Results of field examination will be used to revise and/or refine management prescriptions
- A full plan revision was not feasible because SFRMP resources were fully committed to other parts of the state, and a new 10-year plan will be implemented beginning in 2013
The Three-Year Stand List Extension document includes:
- introduction and background information to provide context to the final 2002 Blufflands/Rochester Plateau SFRMP
- review of stand selection criteria and annual treatment goals
summaries of stands selected for the three-year extension, listed by forest type, administrative units, and general preliminary prescription categories
- the complete three-year list of stands selected for field review and potential treatment
- A summary of implementation and monitoring information.
Direct comments, questions, or requests for a paper or CD copy of any of these final plans can be submitted via email to:
DNR-Division of Forestry,
500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul,