Chippewa Plains-Pine Moraines & Outwash Plains
On February 18, 2009, DNR commissioner Mark Holsten approved the Chippewa Plains–Pine Moraines and Outwash Plains Subsection Forest Resource Management Plan (CP-PMOP SFRMP). The approved CP-PMOP SFRMP identifies long-term goals and strategies to implement vegetation management on approximately 583,000 acres of forest lands managed by the DNR in 14 counties in north-central Minnesota.
Following review of comments received on the draft CP-PMOP SFRMP from two previous public reviews, the DNR made appropriate revisions and adopted the final CP-PMOP SFRMP. Comments were vital to identify needed clarifications and revisions to the draft CP-PMOP SFRMP. Comments received and the DNR's response to those comments, including revisions to the draft CP-PMOP SFRMP, are included as an appendix to the final CP-PMOP SFRMP.
The CP-PMOP SFRMP was developed by an interdisciplinary DNR team from the divisions of Forestry, Fish and Wildlife, and Ecological Resources, and includes:
- long-term strategic goals, strategies, and desired future forest conditions
- cover type management recommendations to provide recommendations to foresters concerning specific vegetation management techniques
- a Stand Exam List of 4,954 stands on 84,364 acres to be treated consistent with the strategies, DFFCs, and cover type management recommendations identified in the final CP-PMOP SFRMP.
Copies of the Final CP-PMOP SFRMP may be obtained by:
- downloading the final CP-PMOPSFRMP.
- requesting a paper copy (300 pages)
- requesting a CD of the final CP-PMOP SFRMP (which includes the Final Plan, Appendices, and Stand Exam List).
Direct comments or questions about this plan to:
Robert Pulford, Forestry Planner
DNR Division of Forestry
1601 Minnesota Drive
Brainerd, MN 56401