USDA Forest Service Competitive Allocation Grant
National State and Private Forestry Redesign Themes and Objectives:
- Conserve and manage working forest landscapes for multiple values and uses.
- Protect forests from threats.
- Enhance public benefits from trees and forests.
About this funding opportunity:
- State and local governments and non-profit entities are eligible to apply for funds. All work must be conducted on non-federal land. Work done on both non-federal public land and private land is eligible (as long as the public benefit is clearly articulated).
- Applicants must provide a 50/50 fund match. Match eligibility information.
- This is a US Forest Service State and Private Forestry led opportunity. Funds come from the US Forest Service and are received by state forestry agencies, including pass-through grants awarded to third-parties. Only State Forestry agencies (in Minnesota this is the Department of Natural Resources Division of Forestry) are eligible to submit proposals (including pass-through direct to third-parties) for consideration under this competitive grant process. The State Forester makes the final decision on what proposals will be submitted. The Minnesota DNR Division of Forestry conducts a process to assure proposals meet our standards for quality and are aligned with state forest action plan goals in Minnesota. Then, satisfactory proposals are given concurrence letters and forwarded to the US Forest Service. The US Forest Service conducts evaluation of proposals, and determines which proposals are awarded funds.
- Because this is a state and federal cooperative process, please follow the Minnesota State process, and also carefully review the instructions for application on the US Forest Service website.
For Questions Contact:
Minnesota DNR Division of Forestry
500 Lafayette Rd
St. Paul, MN 55155-4044
Fax: (651) 296-5954