Rush Creek Habitat Restoration Project EAW
Record of Decision on Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW)
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (MDNR), as the Responsible Governmental Unit for the environmental review of the Rush Creek Habitat Restoration Project in Rush City Minnesota, has issued a Record of Decision (on April 21, 2009) regarding the Need for an Environmental Impact Statement for the project. The MDNR has concluded that an Environmental Impact Statement is not required because the project does not have the potential for significant environmental effects. The justification for this determination is contained in the Record of Decision (below). The Record of Decision also contains the Department's responses to all substantive written comments received on the EAW during the 30-day public review and comment period. Issuing this Record of Decision concludes the State environmental review process for this project and the project can proceed to permitting and approvals.
- Rush Creek Habitat Restoration Project Cover Letter and Record of Decision (April 23, 2009) (30kb)
- Rush Creek Habitat Restoration Project Attachment A (471kb)
- Rush Creek Habitat Restoration Project (findings of fact, conclusions, and order (744kb)
Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW)
The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has prepared an Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW) to describe the environmental effects associated with a proposed project called the Rush Creek Habitat Restoration project in Rush City, Chisago County, MN. The proposed project will remove remnants of a failed dam and restore that portion of the creek that was formerly impounded by the dam.
A 30-day public review and comment period is open from February 9, 2009 through March 11, 2009. Public notice of the availability of the this EAW is in the February 9, 2009 EQB Monitor.
Written and signed comments on the EAW must be received by Wednesday, March 11, 2009 at 4:30 p.m.
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
Division of Ecological Services, Box 25
Attn: Randall Doneen
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155-4025
Send to email@example.com "Rush Creek EAW" needs to be included in the subject line. Include your name and mailing address so that you can be added to the mailing list.
Submit signed comment letters by fax to (651) 297-1500.
Please call (651) 259-5156 if you have questions about this EAW.
Rush Creek Habitat Restoration Project
- Cover Letter for Environmental Assessment Worksheet (73kb)
- Environmental Assessment Worksheet (1.4mb)
- Figure 1 (County Map) (428kb)
- Figure 2 (USGS Map) (321kb)
- Figure 3 (Project Features) (274kb)
- Figure 4 (Rootwad Detail) (188kb)
- Figure 5 (Hammerhead Pool Detail) (241kb)
- Figure 6 (Rock Riffle Detail) (200kb)
- Figure 7 (Proposed Changes to Rush Creek) (272kb)
- Figure 8 (IBI Sampling Locations) (494kb)
- Attachment 1 (MNDNR Natural Heritage Database Letter and Report) (133kb)
- Attachment 2 (Minnesota Historical Society) (62kb)
This information is available in an alternative format upon request. E-mail the DNR Information Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (651) 296-6157 or (888) MINNDNR.