UPM Blandin ATV/OHV Trail Project
Record of Decision on Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW)
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (MDNR), as the Responsible Governmental Unit for environmental review of the UPM Blandin ATV/OHM Trail Project, in Aitkin and Itasca Counties, Minnesota, has issued a Record of Decision regarding the Need for an Environmental Impact Statement for the project.
The MDNR has concluded that an Environmental Impact Statement is not required because the project does not have the potential for significant environmental effects. The justification for this determination is contained in the Record of Decision. The Record of Decision also contains the Department's responses to all substantive written comments received on the Environmental Assessment Worksheet during the 30-day review and comment period.
Issuing this Record of Decision concludes the State environmental review process for this project according to Minnesota Environmental Quality Board rules, Minnesota Rules, part 4410.1000 to 4410.1700. This project can proceed to permitting and approvals.
Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW)
The proposed project
Itasca County proposes to create a managed, continuous right-of-way, Grant-in-Aid trail authorized for Class I and Class II All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) and Off Highway Motorcycle (OHM) use in Itasca and Aitkin Counties. The proposed 32-mile trail would use existing and new corridors on state, private and industrial forestlands.
Written and signed comments on the EAW must be received by 4:30 PM, June 17, 2009.
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
Division of Ecological Resources, Box 25
Attn: Ronald Wieland
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155-4025
Send email comments to:
“UPM Blandin Trail EAW” must be included in the subject line. Include your name and mailing address so that you can be added to the mailing list.
Submit signed comment letters by fax to 651-297-1500.
Please call 651-259-5157 if you have questions about this EAW.
UPM Blandin ATV/OHM Trail Project EAW
- UPM Blandin ATV/OHM Trail Project, Cover letter (161 kb)
- UPM Blandin ATV/OHM Trail Project EAW (356 kb)
- Figure 1. Proposed UPM Blandin GIA ATV/OHM Trail - General Location (196 kb)
- Figures 2.1-2.7. Proposed UPM Blandin GIA ATV/OHM Trail - Proposed Route Map (2.8 mb)
- Figures 3.1.-3.7. Proposed UPM Blandin GIA ATV/OHM Trail - Wetland Soils and Slopes Map (1.5 mb)
- Figure 4. Proposed UPM Blandin GIA ATV/OHM Trail Project - Recreational Trails in Vicinity of UPM Blandin Trail (310 kb)
- Attachment A. UPM Blandin ATV/OHM Trail Project Detailed Summary (29 kb)
- Attachment B. Natural Heritage Information System - Heritage Cover Letter and Heritage Index Report (257 kb)
- Attachment C. SHPO message and database search results of Minnesota Historic Structures Inventory and Archeological Inventory. (94 kb)
This information is available in an alternative format upon request. E-mail the DNR Information Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (651) 296-6157 or (888) MINNDNR.