Natural Communities Restoration and Management Program
The Natural Communities Restoration and Management Program's purpose is to improve the quality of natural plant communities, wildlife habitat, and regional landscape integrity, enhancing the recreation experience and raising awareness of our natural heritage.
- Identify, preserve and manage natural plant communities.
- Minimize construction damage and revegetate disturbed areas with native plants that are ecologically appropriate for the area.
- Work with trail user groups and local citizen groups to foster understanding of and participation in management.
- Interpret natural plant communities and management practices to the recreating public.
- Provide technical information and assistance to Trails and Waterways staff and to the public.
- Integrate natural resource management priorities into regional budgets.
Angela Anderson, Natural Communities Management Coordinator, 651-259-5613, firstname.lastname@example.org.