Steps & Techniques: Identifying Your Objectives
Identifying Use Patterns & Owner's Needs
It's important to remember what your relationship is to the property:
- Is this a permanent residence or a summer cabin?
- How much time do you (and your family) spend outdoors?
- How would you prefer to spend your time outdoors?
You have considered your actual use of time at the lake as well as how you would like to spend your time. Now, consider your needs regarding the lakeshore property. Do you need:
- A path to the lake?
- A place to store the dock in winter?
- Less lawn?
- Swimming beach?
- Visual connection between house and lake?
- Butterfly garden?
- Fishing dock?
- More privacy?
- A quiet place to sit?
Download and print the Owner's Objectives Form and then use it to record your Uses and Needs regarding the lakeshore. When you have completed the form, you can add it to your project folder.