Independent Study Guide and Workbook
- Step 1: Contact a volunteer instructor to obtain a workbook.
- Step 2: Complete the workbook and study guide.
- Step 3: Complete the activities: "Using your Minnesota Hunting and Trapping Regulations handbook" and Hunting Dilemmas Worksheet. Print out the questions, write your answers on a separate sheet of paper, and show to the volunteer instructor at the field/exam session.
- Step 4: Schedule your DNR FINAL EXAM and FIELD DAY: Contact a DNR Certified Firearm Safety volunteer instructor to review your independent study coursework, and take the final DNR Exam and field day with the instructor, either in conjunction with a currently scheduled class or coordinated individually.
- Step 5: Complete MN DNR ELS Online Self-Certification Process, Pay DNR course fee and print your certificate.
Additional Fee(s): The instructor may collect a fee of up to $7.50 for costs incurred for the exam session and field day activities. DNR course fee is $7.50 payable online upon completion of course requirements.