Firearms Safety Certification for Adults (18 and older)
- Step 1: Complete the activity "Using your Minnesota Hunting and Trapping Regulations handbook" . Print out and show to the volunteer instructor at the field/exam session.
- Step 2: Complete the Hunting dilemmas worksheet. Print out the questions, write your answers on a separate sheet of paper, and show to the volunteer instructor at the field/exam session.
- Step 3: Log onto huntercourse.com/usa/minnesota/ complete the course, take the HunterCourse final exam and print a Field Day Voucher.
- Step 4: Assemble and bring to the field/exam session a basic survival kit as suggested in the Huntercourse.com curriculum.
- Step 5: DNR FINAL EXAM and FIELD DAY: Contact a DNR Certified Firearm Safety volunteer instructor to review your independent study coursework, and take the final DNR Exam and field day with the instructor, either in conjunction with a currently scheduled class or coordinated individually. ****PLEASE NOTE: The Volunteer Instructor will ask you to take a FINAL EXAM as part of the certification process.