State Forests

Current conditions

cloudy

Wadena: 46° F and cloudy.

Get forecast »

Badoura State Forest

 

Forest Landscape:

The terrain in the forest is mostly level to gently rolling and contains many swampy areas. Slightly over half of the area within the forest is wetland. The forest also contains Porcupine Lake and Split Rock Lake.

Management Activities:

85 percent of the forest is managed by the DNR with the remaining 15 percent managed privately and by the counties. Over half of the forest land is wetlands interspersed with Jack pine.

Timber harvesting, reforestation, and wildlife habitat improvement occur in the forest. The DNR also protects the forest and surrounding areas from wildfires.

Acres: 4,520

Year Estab: 1963

map

Rare Species Guide:

Home

A-Z Search