Twin Cities water recreation access points

Water recreation

Twin Cities water recreation accesses

Metro region couty outlines
Anoka | Carver | Dakota | Hennepin | Ramsey | Scott | Washington

Click on a county for a map and listing of all the public boat accesses, fishing piers, and shore fishing sites in that county.

Sailboat on a lake in the Twin Cities. John GregorMaps showing public boat accesses, fishing piers, shore fishing sites and public swimming beaches in the seven county metro area and fishing piers. You can go to the DNR's LakeFinder to find more details about the lake in which you are interested.

A print version of the Twin Cities Water Recreation Map is available from the DNR Information Center

For public water access maps throughout the state, check the Public water access - county maps page.

Life Jackets. They Float. You Don't.Practice Sustainable Water Recreation!

Stop Harmful Exotic Species - Minnesota waters are threatened by several species of exotic plants and animals that can be unknowingly spread by water recreationists. It is illegal to transport some of these species, such as Eurasian watermilfoil, zebra mussels, and ruffe on public roads or to launch a boat or trailer with these species attached.
To Stop the Spread of Exotic Species:

Carver County Hennepin County Anoka County Ramsey County Washington County Scott County Dakota County