Great Lakes Area of Concern (AOC) Grants
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) developed the Great Lakes Areas of Concern (AOC) Land Acquisition Grant program to support land acquisition projects within the US Great Lakes AOC that meet NOAA's mission to protect and restore coastal habitats. Minnesota’s Lake Superior Coastal Program (MLSCP) is coordinating the selection of Minnesota projects and will forward applications to NOAA for funding consideration.
Complete information about this funding opportunity may be found in the following:
- MLSCP Great Lakes AOC Land Acquisition Grant Factsheet 1 page, 131 kb
- Federal Funding Announcement (full guidance) 23 pages, 130 kb
Great Lakes AOC grants are currently closed.
- application template 13 pages, 193 kb
St. Louis River AOC Information
- Information on the St. Louis River AOC (EPA)
- Map of St. Louis River Watershed and AOC 1 page, 185 kb
AOC Grant Contact Information
You can direct your questions to Cynthia Poyhonen, Grants Specialist at 218-834-1447 or email@example.com.