Short Term Action Request Grants (STAR)
Each year the Coastal Council allocates a limited amount of funds to serve short term, more immediate requests for grant dollars from the coastal community. STAR projects should be short in duration and small in scope.
Two categories are eligible:
- Coastal Outreach & Education
- Coastal Natural Resources Enhancement, Protection, and Management
STAR grants are only available for projects that will be finished within 6 months; no extensions are allowed. Requests cannot exceed $7,500, and projects must be matched at least 50/50 or 1:1. STAR grant funds are distributed on a reimbursement basis.
Project Start Date
Project End Date
Resources for Grantees
- Project Acknowledgment Guidance (768 KB)
- Past Projects
- Our program boundary in Google Earth kml format. Requires Google Earth (free)
- Program logos (3 MB zip file)
Grant Contact Information
Coastal Program Manager