FEMA Forms and Technical Bulletins

Forms Needed to Request Changes to FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs)

LOMA = Letter of Map Amendment

  • MT-EZ Form
    Use for Single Lot LOMA; NO FILL involved
  • MT-1 Forms
    Use for: (1) Multi-Lot LOMAs, & (2) LOMR-F (Letters of Map Revision based on FILL)
  • MT-2 Forms
    Use for changes to FIRMs based on better data (i.e., updated hydrology or topography) or changes to the BFE or floodway (i.e., due to projects like bridges/culverts, flood control levees, etc.)
  • Other versions of these forms (including fillable versions) are also available.

Related Links

Technical Bulletins Available from FEMA

As of March 1998, the following FEMA Technical Bulletins are available. (Only those applicable to Minnesota are included):

Other FEMA Forms (Elevation & Flood Proofing Certificate)

  • FEMA Elevation Certificates
    Use this form to document the surveyed elevations on a property (i.e., lowest floor, lowest adjacent grade, etc.). This form is required for most map appeals to FEMA (i.e., LOMAs - Letter of Map Amendment; LOMR-F - Letter of Map Revision based on Fill) and by many communities to verify structures have been built as permitted/proposed (for "as-built" elevations).
  • FEMA Flood Proofing Certificate