Vermillion Highlands Research Recreation & WMA Hunting Information
This information applies only to the Vermillion Highlands Research Recreation and WMA NOT the Vermillion River WMA/AMA. Please refer to the Vermillion River Complex reference map below for approximate WMA/AMA boundaries.
- Please do not block field access roads or gates when parking your vehicles.
- Please respect the ongoing agricultural operations and do not interfere with such operations in any way.
- Please do not trespass into areas delineated by fencing and marked "No Trespassing" such as the Gun Club.
- Dogs must be on a leash except when being used for Vermillion Highlands Late Season Pheasant and Goose Hunting purposes.
2016 Spring Turkey Hunting
- Spring Turkey hunting on Vermillion Highlands is permitted from April 13th through May 31st, 2016 with a valid license for Permit Area 510. No special use permit by the Vermillion River Complex Wildlife Office is required
2016 Fall Turkey Hunting
NOTE: The WMA is NOT OPEN to Fall Turkey Hunting for 2016
2016 Fox/Coyote Hunt
- Fox and Coyote hunting is allowed on the Vermillion Highlands WMA from January 1st, 2016 through March 15th, 2016 by permit only.
- See the Fox/Coyote Hunt Application for details on applying for this hunt.
Vermillion River Complex Map (8 MB)
Call the local Wildlife Area Office at 651-322-4643 with any questions.