Smart Bird Quiz Answers
1. What is the name for a turkey chick?
2. Why does a wild tom gobble?
- To find a mate.
- To declare his breeding territory in the spring.
3. Why did turkeys disappear from Minnesota by the 1880s?
- Pioneers probably shot too many.
- Settlers cut downforests to clear fields for farming.
- Settlers cut down forests to get logs and firewood.
4. What is the difference between a domestic turkey and a wild turkey?
- Domestic turkeys are white. Wild ones are black with orange and gold.
- Unlike the wild bird, a domestic turkey cannot fly.
- Wild turkeys are smarter than domestic ones.