Connecting with Minnesotans is at the foundation of the work we do as an agency. Normally we would have lots of opportunities throughout the year, whether at meetings, open houses, fairs or other events, to connect with Minnesotans and discuss the work of the DNR. The pandemic has changed all of that. Commissioners' Office Hours was created as an effort to fill this gap. While it's not the same as meeting face to face, this format provides an informal opportunity for DNR leadership to meet with Minnesotans and discuss topics of interest.
Commissioners' Office Hours is a monthly, one-hour event hosted via WebEx. Everyone is invited and each month we choose a topic that is timely and relevant to our work at the the DNR. The format of the conversation is informal. The sessions begin with a brief statement by the Commissioner, then we have open forum for participants to ask questions and engage in dialogue.
We will continuously update this list with new dates and topics. Please check back regularly for these updates.
- January 20, 3:30-4:30 p.m. CST
- Topic: 2022 Legislative Priorities
- February 24, 3:30-4:30 p.m. CST
- Topic: Investing in Minnesota’s Outdoor Resources Project Update
- March 23, 1:30-2:30 p.m. CST
- Topic: The importance of Volunteers and Opportunities at the DNR
- April 21, 3:30-4:30 p.m. CST
- Topic: Accessibility to the Outdoors. A discussion of DNR’s actions towards eliminating barriers to the outdoors by people with physical disabilities, situational disabilities, and socio-economic restrictions.
- May 11, 1:30-2:30 p.m. CST
- Topic: DNR’s role in managing our water resources
If you have topics ideas for future events, please let us know by filling out this survey.
To join each event, you must click the appropriate link (see below) and register for the event. Once you enter the information requested, a confirmation page will appear on the screen. This indicates that registration is complete and you are ready to join the event. For more information or if you have any technical difficulties, please feel free to email Randolph Briley.
April office hours
Dial-in option: 415-655-0003
Dial-in Access Code: 2490 433 7535
May 11 Office Hours
Dial in option: 415-655-0003
Access code: 2499 901 2170