Enjoy the health benefits of trees
Choose a topic to learn more.
TREES HELP REDUCE SKIN CANCER.
• Did you know? Shade from trees reduces exposure to UV rays, the primary cause of skin cancer.
• Did you know? In 50% shade, sunburn protection lasts 2.5 times longer than when standing in direct sunlight.
Trees and shrubs can reduce stressful noises by 50%.
TREES DECREASE MENTAL STRESS.
• Did you know? Exposure to forests decreases mental fatigue by relaxing and restoring the mind, and lowers blood pressure and heart rate.
• Did you know? Kids who play in nature are more relaxed and attentive, which improves learning and performance in school.
TREES REDUCE HEAT STROKE AND HEAT EXHAUSTION
Did you know? A tree's canopy and shade reduce temperatures by up to 20°F.
TREES KEEP THE AIR CLEAN.
• Did you know? Childhood asthma rates are lower in urban neighborhood that have a higher density of trees.
• Did you know? In 50 years one tree provided $62,000 worth of air pollution control.
Tree-lined streets encourage walking, helping meet daily exercise requirements.
TREES PROMOTE HEALING
Did you know? Nature helps patients refocus their attention and increase their pain thresholds, leading to improved coping and healing strategies.
FOODS FROM TREES ARE HEALTHY TO EAT.
Did you know? Fruits and nuts are good for the body because they contain antioxidants that boost the immune system and healthy fats that decrease bad cholesterol.
Download a copy of Get Your Daily Dose Of Trees poster for your home or office.