Become an active participant in your outdoors!
Do you value strong connections to your outdoors and the food you eat? Learn how to hunt deer with the Minnesota DNR!
Our 101 program teaches adults (18+) in the classroom and in the field.
- Regulations, equipment, stewardship, and why hunting matters
- How to find places to hunt online and identify deer sign in the field
- How to skin and process deer to get meat in your freezer
- Firearms use and target practice so you can make an ethical shot
- Hunt with an experienced mentor
Class locations and shooting range dates
- Class 1: 9/14 (Bemidji) OR 10/2 (Metro)
- Range 1: 9/14 (Bemidji) OR 10/5 (Metro)
- Class 2: 9/21 (Bemidji) OR 10/9 (Metro)
- Range 2: 9/21 (Bemidji) OR 10/12 (Metro)
- Class 3: 9/28 (Bemidji) OR 10/16 (Metro)
- Scouting: 10/5 (Bemidji) OR 10/19 (Metro)
101 Hunts are held before the firearms deer season. Metro students hunt at either
- Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge: 10/25 - 10/27, 2019
- St. Croix State Park: 11/2 - 11/3, 2019
Bemidji students hunt at Itasca State Park: 10/11 - 10/13, 2019
$150/person. Financial assistance available for qualified applicants.