Grant applications are no longer being accepted.
Eligible activities include:
- Tree inventory.
- Development of management plans that include an EAB component.
- Ash removal and stump grinding.
- Protection of valuable ash with non-neonicotinoid injectable insecticide.
- Tree planting.
- Gravel beds building.
- Community EAB education and engagement.
Any local unit of government within Minnesota is eligible including but not limited to tribal communities, municipalities, and county agencies.
There is no minimum to the dollar amount applicants can request. The maximum amount that will be funded is $30,000.
A pre-application process will be used to determine which projects can submit a final application for this grant.
- Read Managing Ash for Emerald Ash Borer in Community Forests RFP for details and process.
- Complete and submit the Pre-Application form to [email protected] by June 15, 2018.
- Attach your EAB Management Plan if you have one (communities must have adopted or will adopt an EAB management plan through this grant process).
- Notify you by July 13, 2018 to submit a final application if your project passed the pre-application process.
- Complete and submit the Final Application form and additional attachments to [email protected] by August 24, 2018.
- Include letters of support from community and, if applicable, any partnership organizations and 3-year Tree Maintenance Plan if planting trees as part of grant project
- Notify you by September 14, 2018 whether or not your project is funded.
Funding for this project provided by a grant from the USDA Forest Service. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Direct questions about this grant to [email protected]