Minnesota communities who have never been or are currently not a Tree City USA are invited to apply for grant funds to become a Tree City USA in 2019.
Eligible activities include:
- Write or update a Tree Care Ordinance
- Write or update a Community Forest Management Plan
- Create or revitalize a Tree Board
- Plan, promote, and conduct an Arbor Day celebration
Cities and communities within Minnesota.
The maximum amount that will be funded is $1,000.
- Communities read the Becoming a Tree City USA RFP for details and process.
- Communities complete and submit application to [email protected] by 4:30 p.m. on September 28, 2018.
- MNDNR notifies applicants by October 12, 2018 if project is funded and amount awarded.
Direct questions about this grant to [email protected]
Funding for this project by a grant from the USDA Forest Service. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.