UPDATE: The DNR has completed its review of potential OHV camping opportunities near Hayes Lake State Park/Beltrami Island State Forest. The full report and project brief can be found here:
- Hayes Lake-Beltrami Island Camping full report
- Hayes Lake-Beltrami Island Camping two page brief of findings
The Parks and Trails Division is currently reviewing camping opportunities for off-highway vehicles in the Hayes Lake State Park and Beltrami Island State Forest area. Parks and Trails is interested to learn what amenities OHV users want while camping and how the Division can provide these amenities.
- Project background information
- Commonly Used Terms
- Map of potential Beltrami Island State Forest sites
- Map of potential Hayes Lake State Park sites
- Description of map sites
- Presentation from December, 2018 Public Meetings
Parks and Trails is asking for your help by completing the online questionnaire. The questionnaire will be available until December 27, 2018.
For more information
Contact Hayes Lake State Park at 218-425-7504.
Attend either of the public meetings from 6:00-8:00 PM.
December 10, 2018
DNR Warroad Forestry Office
803 Cherne Dr. NW
Warroad, MN 56763
December 13, 2018
DNR Headquarters Building
500 Lafayette Rd.
St. Paul, MN 55155