The DNR training does not provide instructions on how to protect your watercraft inspectors from COVID-19, and we make no representations that watercraft inspections are compatible with social distancing and other public health guidelines. You are responsible for complying with all applicable executive orders and safety protocols from the Minnesota Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control.
This website is for informational purposes only, please contact your supervisor for the current Watercraft Inspection Training website.
New Level 2 Inspectors (Who did not work as a Level 2 in 2020)
Note: You must have already satisfied all requirements for Level 1 training in 2021.
- Watch the Watercraft Decontamination Lessons and Decontamination Video
- Watch the Decontamination Video
- Read the Watercraft Decontamination Manual
- Complete the watercraft decontamination exam for new level 2 inspectors
- Complete in-person hands-on training with your supervisor. (This will be scheduled with your supervisor).
- Lesson 1 - Welcome and Responsibilities
- Lesson 2 - Decontamination Equipment
- Lesson 3 - Decontamination Set-up and Operation
- Lesson 4- Types of Decontamination
- Lesson 5 - Decontamination Procedures Based on Senarios
- Lesson 6 - How to Perform Decontamination- Learning the Process
- Lesson 7 - Safety Considerations and Working with the Public
- Lesson 8 - Decontamination Survey
- DEMONSTRATION VIDEO: Watercraft Decontamination
Felix Amenumey – Watercraft Inspection Trainer – [email protected]
Carrie Maurer-Ackerman – Watercraft Inspection Trainer – [email protected]
Adam Doll – Watercraft Inspection Coordinator – [email protected]