The DNR training does not provide instructions on how to protect your watercraft inspectors from COVID-19, and we make no representations that watercraft inspections are compatible with social distancing and other public health guidelines. You are responsible for complying with all applicable executive orders and safety protocols from the Minnesota Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control.
Welcome to the level 2 watercraft decontamination training for the 2021-watercraft inspection season. Please note that this training format is subject to change as Minnesota Department of Health guidelines change. Below is a set of instructions for completing the training that is required to become a new Level 2 inspector for 2021. Please take your time and read carefully the steps below to complete the training.
Complete all steps listed below. All inspectors must pass the “pre in-person training exam” in order to be authorized as a Level 2 inspector. After you have attended in-person training you will be required to pass an additional situation based exam. A link to this exam will be provided to your supervisors, and at in-person training. If you have questions relating to the content in the videos. Please contact DNR Watercraft Inspection Training staff (contact list below). If you have technical difficulties, please contact your supervisor.
New Level 2 Inspectors (Who did not work as a Level 2 in 2020)
Note: You must have already satisfied all requirements for Level 1 training in 2021.
- Watch the Watercraft Decontamination Lessons and Decontamination Video
- Watch the Decontamination Video
- Read the Watercraft Decontamination Manual
- Complete the watercraft decontamination exam for new level 2 inspectors
- Complete in-person hands-on training with your supervisor. (This will be scheduled with your supervisor).
- Lesson 1 - Welcome and Responsibilities
- Lesson 2 - Decontamination Equipment
- Lesson 3 - Decontamination Set-up and Operation
- Lesson 4- Types of Decontamination
- Lesson 5 - Decontamination Procedures Based on Senarios
- Lesson 6 - How to Perform Decontamination- Learning the Process
- Lesson 7 - Safety Considerations and Working with the Public
- Lesson 8 - Decontamination Survey
- DEMONSTRATION VIDEO: Watercraft Decontamination
Level 2 Exam
Felix Amenumey – Watercraft Inspection Trainer – [email protected]
Carrie Maurer-Ackerman – Watercraft Inspection Trainer – [email protected]
Adam Doll – Watercraft Inspection Coordinator – [email protected]