The DNR training does not provide instructions on how to protect your watercraft inspectors from COVID-19, and we make no representations that watercraft inspections are compatible with social distancing and other public health guidelines. You are responsible for complying with all applicable executive orders and safety protocols from the Minnesota Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control.
This website is for informational purposes only, please contact your supervisor for the current Watercraft Inspection Training website.
Completion of each item below is required to become authorized as a Level 1 Watercraft Inspector for the 2021 watercraft inspection season. If you have questions relating to the content in the videos, please contact DNR Watercraft Inspection Training staff (contact list below). If you have technical difficulties, please contact your supervisor.
- Watch all lessons, including all demonstration videos
- Read the Watercraft Inspection Handbook
- Complete the watercraft inspection test
- Contact your supervisor and notify them that you have finished
- Lesson 1 -Overview of Watercraft Inspection (12:26)
- Lesson 2 -Safety and Introduction to Watercraft Inspection (26:33)
- Lesson 3 -Watercraft Inspection Procedures and Decontamination (25:59)
- DEMONSTRATION VIDEO: Entering Watercraft Inspection Video (5:39)
- DEMONSTRATION VIDEO: Exiting Watercraft Inspection Video (4:57)
- Lesson 4 -Aquatic Invasive Species Laws (15:24)
- Lesson 5 -Aquatic Invasive Species Identification and Impacts (14:22)
- Lesson 6 -Survey Training (Parts 1 and 2)
- Lesson 7 -Reporting Violations and Working with Law Enforcement (9:38)
- DEMONSTRATION VIDEO: Violation Inspection Video (3:43)
- DEMONSTRATION VIDEO: Watch the Conflict Resolution Video (1:18)
- Lesson 8-Working with the Public (10:41)
Optional Reference Videos
Felix Amenumey – Watercraft Inspection Trainer – [email protected]
Carrie Maurer-Ackerman – Watercraft Inspection Trainer – [email protected]
Adam Doll – Watercraft Inspection Coordinator – [email protected]