Minnesotans interested in being more actively involved in deer management can apply to serve on a newly forming deer advisory committee that will help foster dialogue between the public and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.
The committee will:
- Represent the breadth of deer management interests;
- Learn about and contribute to understanding biological, social and economic aspects of deermanagement, including stakeholder group perspectives (excluding population goal setting);
- Identify and inform DNR of significant deer management issues;
- Facilitate dialogue between the public and DNR regarding issues;
- Advise DNR on potential approaches to respond to issues; and
- Advise on effective and publicly acceptable deer policies, research and monitoring priorities, programsand regulations.
Applications are being accepted through Friday, Feb. 8.