When you first enter the Timber Harvest Plans application, a statewide map is displayed. Townships across the state are colored either beige if they contain harvest plans, or green if they do not. Use the zoom tool to zoom in to an area containing harvest plans. When you are zoomed to an area about the size of a single township, harvest plan sites will appear on the map. Using the info tool, click on a site to open a window with detailed information and facilities for submitting comments on the plan for that site.Back to help contents
Map Display Control
The geographic data "layers" to be displayed on the map can be turned on/off using the buttons and checkboxes in the map legend to the left of the map. Note that many layers can only be displayed when zoomed in on the map; the buttons for these layers are disabled any time you are zoomed out too far to display them. After turning layers on or off, click the "redraw map" link or pan/zoom on the map to put your changes into effect.The layers are grouped into three categories:
- Harvest Plans - these layers provide access to harvest plan data.
- Harvest Plan Sites - shows the sites as brown shapes on the map
- Site Boundaries Only - shows outlines of the sites (allowing background images to show through).
- Sites with White Pine Component - shows only sites containing a white pine component, as green shapes on the map
- Foreground - these layers (e.g., lakes and roads) are not specifically related to DNR harvest plans; they are provided for general reference. Any number of these layers may be displayed simultaneously.
- Background - these are generally image layers that can be displayed as a backdrop for the Foreground and Harvest Plan layers. Notable exceptions are:
- the Township Guide to Harvest Plan Sites layer, which can be used as a guide to navigate to areas of the map that contain harvest plan sites
- the Township Guide to Harvest Plan Sites Containing White Pine layer, which can be used as a guide to navigate to areas of the map that contain harvest plan sites with a white pine component.