DNRGPS is an update to the popular DNRGarmin application. DNRGPS and its predecessor were built to transfer data between Garmin handheld GPS receivers and GIS software.
DNRGPS was released as Open Source software with the intention that the GPS user community will become stewards of the application, initiating future modifications and enhancements.
**UPDATED** DNRGPS 220.127.116.11 RELEASES (6/2/2014)
Please note: some browser versions will prompt for a username and password when downloading DNRGPS. Use "ftp" or "anonymous" for both the username and password.
If you are not familiar with DNRGPS, it's recommended that you view the available help resources:
If you are not an ArcMap user, any of the 3 downloads above will work for you.
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 (not tested with other operating systems)
- ArcGIS 10.x, Google Earth, Most Garmin GPSs, and other NMEA output GPSs
LIMITED compatibility with:
- ArcGIS 10.x - DNRGPS interactions with ArcMap software (such as loading a layer from or saving a layer to an active ArcMap document) are no longer supported.
- As a workaround, use the File > Load From > File method to load an Esri Shapefile to the Garmin unit
NOT compatible with:
- Mac operating system
- ArcGIS 9.x - see old DNRGarmin page
Prerequisite: .NET 4 Framework - download here
- Known Issues
- Report a bug or enhancement
- Release Notes
- DNR No-Cost Software Distribution License Agreement
DNRGPS 18.104.22.168 (28MB) Last modified 9/13/2012
|Upload/Download Waypoints,Tracks,Routes||Save as .gdb, .shp, .txt, etc|
|Calculate shape attributes|
Calculate Area, Perimeter, Length-coming soon
|Calculate CEP||Determine Circular Error Probability rings for Error estimation|
|Convert points, lines, polygons|
|Image Hyperlinking||Create hyperlinks between images and GPS data.|