The outdoor classroom itself is the most important part of the School Forest! Be sure to contact the School Forest Program Manager about the your School Forest land. Whether the land is already district owned ro new lands needs to be acquired, there are some tips that will help you finalize the process.
- If you are considering acquiring a new School Forest site or adding additional land to an existing School Forest, contact the School Forest Program Manager.
- Consider the needs of your school. What type of land features (forest, water, wetland, prairie, etc.) will best suit your needs?
- Talk with a school administrator to identify any school lands available in your area.
- Is land available within a reasonable distance of your school? Does it match your needs?
- Contact the School Forest Program Manager to determine your best option.