The DNR School Forest Program can provide support and resources to help you manage your land. However, the DNR will not manage your land for you, make specific requirements, or set your management objectives. It is up to you to identify your management priorities and carry them out.
- Develop a long-term School Forest Stewardship Plan with you.
- Advise and assist on easements, land ownership, restricted site use (such as ATVs, hunting, horses, etc.), trespass issues
- Advise on site management, such as trails, invasive species removal, reforestation, etc.
- Help you set up and guide timber harvests
- Connect you to local resource groups for establishing rain gardens, trails, boardwalks, etc
- Provide free tree seedlings each spring