A Minnesota State Park hidden treasure!
Camper cabins are rustic, one-room wooden cabins that provide basic shelter for visitors who want a "camping out" experience but prefer not to deal with a tent.
Each 12 by 16 foot cabin contains a table, benches, and wooden bunkbeds with mattresses. Most cabins have a screened porch and electricity, and many are wheelchair accessible. Sorry, no pets allowed.
Make a reservation
Online reservations can be made up to 120 days in advance, 24 hours a day, except for the first day a reservation becomes available. On that first day, reservations cannot be made online before 8 a.m.
A non-refundable reservation fee ($10.00 for call center/$7.00 for web) is charged for each advance reservation. There is no reservation fee for same-day campsite reservations. The reservation fee (if applicable) and camping fees for the entire length of stay must be paid when the reservation is made.
Click on a topic below to expand its contents. Click again to hide.
Basic cabins: (no electricity)
- Weekdays (Sun-Thurs) $55 per night
- Weekends (Fri-Sat) $65 per night
Cabins with electricity: (electricity and/or heat)
- Weekdays (Sun-Thurs) $60 per night
- Weekends (Fri-Sat) $70 per night
- Check-in: 3 p.m.
- Check-out: 1 p.m.
- Capacity: Up to 6 people (up to 5 people in wheelchair-accessible cabins).
- Pets: Not allowed in camper cabins.
- Smoking: All cabins are smoke free.
- Bathrooms: Camper cabins do not have indoor plumbing but are located in or near the park's campground, where seasonal restrooms, showers, and drinking water are available. Vault toilets are available year-round at all locations.
- Cooking: All cabins have a picnic table, fire ring, and grill for outdoor cooking. No cooking is allowed inside the cabins, except for crockpots and coffeepots.
- Electricity: Many camper cabins have electricity.
- Heat: Most camper cabins are heated for year-round use.
- Air conditioning: The camper cabins at Lac qui Parle State Park are air conditioned. No other locations have air conditioning.
- Firewood: Can be purchased at the park office. Minnesota allows only approved firewood on DNR lands.
- Details for individual camper cabins
- Remember to pack
- Sleeping bags or other bedding
- Plates, cups, and eating utensils
- Cancellations or modifications
To cancel your reservation, call 866-857-2757 or log onto your account online.
- Modifications on the web are $5 and at the call center is $7. This includes modifying reservations to a different date, site, or park.
- Cancellation four or more days prior to arrival: A $10 cancellation fee is charged. The camping payment (minus the cancellation fee and the non-refundable reservation fee) will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than four days prior to arrival: The first night's camping fee is forfeited and a $10 cancellation fee is charged. The customer is refunded the remaining amount of the deposit less the non-refundable reservation fee.
- Cancellation - No Show: If a campsite is not occupied on the first night of a reservation, the reservation will be cancelled. The first two night's camping fees are forfeited and a $10 cancellation fee is charged. The customer is refunded the remaining amount of the deposit less the non-refundable reservation fee.