This two-hour program introduces families to hiking, with a focus on how to safely and comfortably enjoy the outdoors. After the program you’ll have the skills to plan your own future outdoor adventures.
- Each program has an option for more or less hiking, to match your comfort level.
- No experience or specialized gear necessary – just a pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- All programs run from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Participants must be at least 5 years old.
- Participants under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Programs are FREE but capacity is limited. Pre-registration is required.
- A vehicle permit is required to enter all Minnesota state parks. Annual permits are $35; daily permits are $7.
|Sunday, June 13||Fort Snelling State Park|
|Sunday, June 13||William O'Brien State Park|
|Saturday, June 19||Rice Lake State Park|
|Sunday, June 20||Sakatah Lake State Park|
|Saturday, June 26||Sakatah Lake State Park|
|Sunday, June 27||Rice Lake State Park|
|Sunday, July 11||Lake Maria State Park|
|Sunday, July 18||Moose Lake State Park|
|Sunday, July 25||Lake Maria State Park|
|Saturday, July 31||Jay Cooke State Park|
|Saturday, August 14||Fort Snelling State Park|
|Sunday, August 15|
Sign up now!
Pre-registration is required for all I Can! programs.
Early registration is recommended, as these programs tend to fill up fast. Online reservations can be made 24 hours a day. Sign up online now! Or, if you prefer to sign up by phone, call 866-857-2757.
All programs are subject to cancellation due to inclement weather or hazardous conditions. Cancellations for I Can! programs can be made up to one week prior to the program for a full refund minus the reservation fee.