Phased reopening of overnight facilities begins June 1
Check the schedule. Click through to a location's Visitor Alert to see details on specific sites and services.
Looking for a more rugged camping experience? You have lots of options! Rustic sites have limited amenities. They are located near drinking water and primitive toilet facilities, and allow campers to get even closer to nature.
Rustic camping is available in both state parks and state forests. Learn more about camping in state forests.
- Regular season is typically late spring to mid-fall.
- Off-season CLOSED. Dates vary by park. Check with park for details.
- Check-in: 4 p.m. (sites may be available earlier)
- Check-out: 1 p.m.
Rustic campsites come with a fire ring, garbage cans, and access to drinking water and primitive toilets.
- Bathrooms: Water and primitive toilet facilities only.
- Capacity: Up to six people, one tent/RV per site.
- Cooking: All sites have a picnic table and fire ring with grill for cooking.
- Firewood: Can be purchased at the park office. Minnesota allows only approved firewood on DNR lands.
- Pets: All pets must be kept on a leash of not more than six feet and personally attended at all times.
- Quiet Hours: From 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Rates and locations
$15-$24 per site, per night, including tax.
*Off-season dates vary by park. Check with the park for details.
ParkFinder will help you find the park that fits your needs.
Make a Reservation
Online reservations can be made 24 hours a day, except for the first day a reservation becomes available. On that first day, reservations cannot be made online before 8 a.m.
A non-refundable reservation fee ($10.00 for call center/$7.00 for web) is charged for each advance reservation. There is no reservation fee for same-day campsite reservations. The reservation fee (if applicable) and camping fees for the entire length of stay must be paid when the reservation is made.