Entries due August 5, 2019
Help us celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Shoreland Management Act by contributing your shoreland photos. Minnesota’s lake and river shorelands are part of our collective identity and sense of place as Minnesotans.
How to enter
- Snap a shoreland photo based on criteria listed below for the two categories. Only one photo per category per person.
- Upload your photos using the form below.
Winners: The top three winners in each category will be announced on the DNR Facebook page, DNR Twitter feed and DNR website in late August. Winning photos will also be posted at the DNR building during the State Fair.
Disclosure: Only the winning entries will be posted. DNR employees are not eligible to enter or win.
1. Residential Shoreland Development
Capture any type of existing residential development along lakes and rivers where most of the shoreline has natural vegetation and has been minimally altered with riprap, structures or hard surfaces. Photos need to meet the following criteria:
- Show enough of the development site to illustrate how development and natural systems are integrated.
- Be realistic, be minimally altered or edited and not contain identifiable people.
- Include a short description of why this is a good example of shoreland development.
2. Creative Shoreland
We are looking to reward the creative expression of a shoreland development issue or topic that is important to you. Photos need to meet the following criteria:
- Highlight effect on natural systems, historical images, memories of time at the shore or whatever issue or topic you find compelling.
- Include a short description of why the issue or topic is important to you.
This category encourages the creative use of photography. All manner of digital editing is allowed.
Upload Your Photo!
If you experience difficulties during this process, please contact [email protected].