WARNING – It is best to use an SD card without any other basemaps such as topo or lake maps loaded on it. Check the Lowrance site (www.lowrance.com) for SD cards that are compatible with your unit. Most Ifinder units take up to 2 GB SD cards. The WMA GPS data is known to work with iFinder GPS units except for the “Go” series.
LCM file loading and use instructions:
- Insert a blank SD card into a card reader connected to your computer.
- Download the Lowrance background map file to your computer from the link below.
- Unzip the contents of the map file to the SD card.
- Insert the SD card into your Lowrance GPS. See your GPS manual for further details.
- Once you turn your GPS on, it will take several seconds for the GPS to read the map files.
You will need to zoom in on your GPS before the WMA data will become visible. WMA labels should be visible at a scale of a small county, WMA boundaries should be visible at a scale of a couple townships, and parking areas should be visible at a scale of a few sections.
MNDNR WMA Lowrance background map file (zip file 664 kb created on 9/30/2010)