Regional Prescribed Fire Committees
Regional Prescribed Burn Committees are work teams that help to facilitate and coordinate prescribed burning occurring in their respective Regions. Each committee is comprised of Divisional representatives with a vested interest in prescribed burning in the region. Committee members may not necessarily be regional staff.
Responsibilities of the Regional Prescribed Burn Committees include:
- Coordinate prescribed burning in the region, prioritize those of higher complexity that compete for resources.
- Maintain a regional list of prescribed burn resources, contact numbers and qualified persons to better coordinate and share resources among the prescribed burners in the region.
- Coordinate and advance the science of prescribed burning and monitoring.
- Serve as contacts for the Regional Fire Team Leader on the availability of personnel and equipment from all divisions for suppression during periods of very high to extreme fire danger.
- Coordinate any interdivisional regional burn teams that may be initiated within a region.
- Actively enhance communication and coordination between divisions and agencies on prescribed burning
- Initiate, coordinate and implement escaped burn reviews.
- Review regional prescribed burn accomplishments annually.
Committee Members by Region
Northwest Region Prescribed Burn Committee
Northeast Region Prescribed Burn Committee
Central Region Prescribed Burn Committee
DNR Ecological Resources
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155-4044
800 Oak Savanna Lane
Cambridge, MN 55008 763.689.7100x230 Mark.firstname.lastname@example.org
DNR Parks and Recreation
1200 Warner Road
St. Paul MN 55106
DNR Trails and Waterways
940 Industrial Drive S.
Sauk Rapids, MN 56379
16543 Haven Road
Little Falls, MN 56345
Southern Region Prescribed Burn Committee