Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) operates this site located within the www.dnr.state.mn.us website as a free online service to enable individuals to share their information and photographs. By accessing and using the DNR Site, you agree to these Community Guidelines.
Responsibility For Content Posted on the DNR Site
When you use the DNR Site to post content to the DNR Site, you are an "author." When you use the DNR Site to view content, you are a "visitor." Each author is solely responsible for the information, data, text, photographs, graphics, video, music, sound, messages or other materials ("Content") he or she posts on the DNR Site. This means that you, and not DNR, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available to others using the DNR Site. Under no circumstances will DNR be liable in any way for any Content posted on or made available through the DNR Site by you or any third party. DNR does not guarantee the suitability, accuracy, completeness, correctness, currency, integrity or quality of any Content contributed by authors on the DNR Site.
Restrictions on Your Use of the DNR Site
You agree not to use the DNR Site to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that:
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
- you know to be false, misleading, or fraudulent
- you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements)
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any individual or entity
- includes any photograph or video without the permission of each person in the photograph or video
- includes the name of any individual without that person's knowledge and consent;
- identifies a person without that person's permission
- is inconsistent with the values or the spirit of the DNR Site user community
- requests or solicits money, goods, or services for private gain
- contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
You agree to not use the DNR Site to:
- promote any illegal activity
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
- interfere with or disrupt the DNR Site or servers or networks connected to the DNR Site
- violate any local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation
- stalk or otherwise harass another
- collect or store personal data about other users of this website.
By uploading, posting, transmitting or otherwise making any Content available on or through
the DNR Site, you are granting DNR a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to copy, modify, publish, display and distribute publicly, and prepare derivative works of that Content, on or in connection with any web site of DNR, and in any and all media or form of communication whether now existing or hereafter developed, without acknowledgement or further permission and for any purpose, including non-commercial, commercial and business purposes. If any part of the Content is not your original work, it is your responsibility to obtain permission from the copyright owner before making that Content available on the DNR Site. By posting Content to the DNR Site, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright or have received all permissions for such Content from the person or entity who owns the copyright, and that the Content complies with all of the requirements set forth in these Community Guidelines.
DNR and its designees will have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion, at any time, to edit or remove any Content that is posted on or available through the DNR Site, or to refuse to post any submitted Content to the DNR Site. Without limiting the foregoing, DNR and its designees will have the right to remove any Content that violates these Community Guidelines or is otherwise objectionable, in DNR's sole discretion.
These Community Guidelines were last updated on October 1, 2010.