Regional Prescribed Burn Committees are work teams that help to facilitate and coordinate prescribed burning occurring in their respective Regions. Each committee is comprised of Divisional representatives with a vested interest in prescribed burning in the region. Committee members may not necessarily be regional staff.
Responsibilities of the Regional Prescribed Burn Committees include:
- Coordinate prescribed burning in the region, prioritize those of higher complexity that compete for resources.
- Maintain a regional list of prescribed burn resources, contact numbers and qualified persons to better coordinate and share resources among the prescribed burners in the region.
- Coordinate and advance the science of prescribed burning and monitoring.
- Serve as contacts for the Regional Fire Team Leader on the availability of personnel and equipment from all divisions for suppression during periods of very high to extreme fire danger.
- Coordinate any interdivisional regional burn teams that may be initiated within a region.
- Actively enhance communication and coordination between divisions and agencies on prescribed burning
- Initiate, coordinate and implement escaped burn reviews.
- Review regional prescribed burn accomplishments annually.
Northwest Region Prescribed Burn Committee
Chris Weir-Koetter, Chair
Northeast Region Prescribed Burn Committee
Central Region Prescribed Burn Committee
Southern Region Prescribed Burn Committee