Hill River State Forest
• Hill River State Forest is located in northern Aitkin County, about 20 miles south of Grand Rapids. The forest is served by Highway 169 and State Highway 200.
• Visitors enjoy fishing and swimming at the public accesses on Washburn Lake, Taylor Lake, and White Elk Lake.
• If you prefer outdoor recreation on dry land, check out the Rabey Line ATV trail, a 19.5 mile trail that winds through both the Hill River and Savanna state forests or the or the Soo Line North ATV trail.
OHV Riding Restrictions During Deer Hunting Season
- Use of off-highway vehicles (OHVs) on state forest OHV trails and state forest trails during firearms deer season is allowed only for deer-hunting purposes, and only within permitted times. More information
Hill River State Forest at a glance...
Boat Ramp Nearby
Canoe / Kayak
10 Miles Hiking
7 Miles Class I ATV
7 Miles Class II ATV
7 Miles Off-Highway Motorcycling
• Savanna Portage State Park