Title. This slideshow requires the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
• View beautiful second-growth northern forest as well as lots of wildlife. Bald eagles, hairy woodpeckers, kingfishers, wood ducks, beavers, and river otters all can be found within this forest.
• Mountain bikers can take their pick between Taconite and Arrowhead state trails to ride through upland portions of this state forest. If you prefer the water, you can take a trip on Little Fork River State Water Trail. The choice is yours.
Canoe / Kayak
12.7 Miles Class I ATV
12.7 Miles Class II ATV
12.7 Miles Off-Highway Motorcycling
12.7 Miles Off-Road Vehicles
•Notice: Groomed snowmobile trails, as signed, are closed Dec. 1 to off-highway vehicles (OHVs) and highway licensed vehicles (HLV's).
• Portions of this state forest are classified for the purposes of motor vehicle and OHVs usage as managed, limited, and closed. Refer to state forest map for details.
• Portions of this state forest are located within the Superior National Forest.
• Most roads and trails are open to mountain bikes unless posted.
SPECIAL FEATURES IN STATE FOREST