Sturgeon River State Forest
Title. This slideshow requires the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
• View beautiful second-growth northern forest as well as lots of wildlife. Bald eagles, hairy woodpeckers, kingfishers, wood ducks, beavers, and river otters all can be found within this forest.
• Mountain bikers can take their pick between Taconite and Arrowhead state trails to ride through upland portions of this state forest. If you prefer the water, you can take a trip on Little Fork River State Water Trail. The choice is yours.
OHV Riding Restrictions During Deer Hunting Season
- Use of off-highway vehicles (OHVs) on state forest OHV trails and state forest trails during firearms deer season is allowed only for deer-hunting purposes, and only within permitted times. More information
Sturgeon River State Forest at a glance...
Canoe / Kayak
12.7 Miles Class I ATV
12.7 Miles Class II ATV
12.7 Miles Off-Highway Motorcycling
12.7 Miles Off-Road Vehicles
• Portions of this state forest are classified for the purposes of motor vehicle and OHVs usage as managed, limited, and closed. Refer to state forest map for details.
• Portions of this state forest are located within the Superior National Forest.
• Most roads and trails are open to mountain bikes unless posted.