If candlelight events are not already an annual tradition for you, let this be the season where you get out and experience winter adventure in a whole new light!
Short, easy trails will be lit with lanterns or luminaries, and you can drop in any time during the events to go whatever distance is comfortable for you. Afterward, warm up with refreshments by a crackling fire.
- Anyone age 16 or older must carry a signed ski pass when using groomed cross-country ski trails in state parks or state forests, or on state trails or grant-in-aid trails.
- Many parks offer rentals. See a list of cross-country ski rentals or snowshoe rentals.
- Restrooms and vault toilets are open daily at all Minnesota state parks throughout the year.
- Before you go... Find out the snow conditions.
- Please note: Occasionally, due to extreme weather or poor snow conditions, an event may need to be canceled or changed. Generally a candlelight event will go on even when there's no snow - it just becomes a candlelight hike, rather than snowshoe or ski! When in doubt, call the park.