MinnAqua Leader's Guide
Whether you are an avid angler or have never picked up a fishing rod, we've designed Fishing: Get in the Habitat! to make it easy for you plan and conduct fishing trips that are safe, educational and fun!
Fishing and so much more
The MinnAqua Leader's Guide includes lessons and activities on:
- Aquatic Habitats
- Minnesota Fish
- Water Stewardship
- Fisheries Management
- Fishing Equipment and Skills
- Safety and the Fishing Trip
- Food Chain Tag
- Safety and Fishing at the Water's Edge
- Water Habitat Site Study Aquatic Invertebrate keys
Designed for teachers, youth leaders, environmental educators
This innovative, Minnesota-based curriculum guide can be used by teachers, scout groups, youth program leaders, environmental educators, or anyone interested in teaching fishing and aquatic education.
Lessons are aligned with:
- Minnesota Academic Standards for grades 3-5
- Environmental Literacy Scope and Sequence
- Boy Scout badge requirements
- Junior Girl Scout badge requirements
- 4-H fishing activity requirements
Fishing: Get in the Habitat! has been reviewed by more than 100 experts! Take a look at our list of contributors.
We'd love to hear from you! Send your feedback and comments to the MinnAqua contact nearest you.