Camping: Tipi and Wall Tents
A bit of history, a bit of tradition, a bit of adventure...try camping in a tipi, and you'll get all three! Each tipi is 18 feet in diameter and has a cedar deck inside. Check out the tipi photo gallery, and then book your tipi! Want another option? How about trying a wall tent?
Rates and Location
Wall tent camping is available at Myre-Big Island State Park $30* per night.
* Note: The weekend rate will increase to $35 per night in 2014.
Online reservations can be made 24 hours a day, except for the first day a reservation becomes available. On that first day, reservations cannot be made online before 8 a.m. Reserve Now!
Phone reservations can be made by calling 866-857-2757 (TTY: 952-936-4008) between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday through Sunday October through March, and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily April through September. Call center is closed holidays.
Learn more about making or cancelling a reservation.
- Regular Season: Tipi sites typically late May to late October; wall tent mid-April to October
- Off-Season: closed
- Check-in: 4 p.m. (sites may be available earlier)
- Check-out: 4 p.m.
- Bathrooms: Water and toilet facilities are available
- Capacity: Up to six people*
- Cooking: Campfires are not allowed inside the tipis. Picnic tables and fire rings with grills for cooking are provided
- Firewood: Can be purchased at the park office. Minnesota restricts firewood being brought to or used on DNR lands. More information and vendor list
- Pets: All pets must be kept on a leash of not more than six feet and personally attended at all times
- Quiet Hours: From 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
*Note: Wall tent dimensions are 10 by 12 feet. The wall tent capacity is very tight, when using six cots. Contact park staff for suggestions.
Remember to bring
- Sleeping bags or other bedding
- Cot or sleeping mat