Minnesota Biological Survey Native Plant Community and Rare Species County Maps
Available as pdf maps (below) and as shapefiles on the Minnesota Geospatial Commons. Printed maps available as indicated below.
Available as shapefiles only on the Minnesota Geospatial Commons.
Available PDF and/or Printed Maps (as indicated)
Each map contains several counties as indicated.
- Map 1 4 mb Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Scott, and Ramsey counties
- Map 2 2.6 mb Blue Earth, Brown, Le Sueur, Nicollet, and Sibley counties
- Map 3 3.5 mb Brown, Redwood, and Renville counties
- Map 4 3.3mb Chippewa, Lac Qui Parle, and Yellow Medicine counties
- Map 5 1.8mb Big Stone, Chippewa, Lac Qui Parle, and Swift counties
- Version 1 (1mb) Extent of Minnesota's native prairie 2011
- Version 2 (1mb) Extent of Minnesota's native prairie 2011, with important prairie landscapes highlighted
For a free print of available printed maps contact:
Minnesota Biological Survey
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
500 Lafayette Road, Box 25
St. Paul, MN 55155
Phone: (651) 259-5100
FAX: (651) 296-1811
To help us provide better service, we would appreciate hearing how you plan to use these maps.
Digital maps are made available with the following restrictions:
- These are large files, in both file size (over 1 MB), and printed area. In published form wall-sized maps range from 26" x 34" to 39" x 58". Some maps include more than one county.
- The data depicted on these maps were compiled from a variety of sources.
- The lack of data for any geographic area cannot be construed to mean that no significant features are present.
- These maps can only be considered to depict the state of knowledge as of the date of their publication.
- All maps © State of Minnesota, Department of Natural Resources.